8/1/07

Review of World Peace Cafe

World Peace Cafe
227 Sandy Springs Pl., NE
Suite 302
Sandy Springs, GA 30328
404-256-2100

http://www.worldpeacecafeatlanta.com/

Becca M. ate lunch here on 7/28/2007.

What did you order? How was your food?

Let me start by saying that this was my second experience at a vegetarian restaurant (the first was The Soul Vegetarian- very good). There are many vegan options, as well as ovo-lacto options. The Cafe also hosts inspiring discussion events and brunches. See their website for info.

I had the Grilled Polenta Cake with Eggplant Caponata and a side salad with creamy lemon dressing. I washed it down with a Guayaki Yerba Mate organic tea, Empower Mint flavor.


I definitely enjoyed my entree and salad. The polenta was tasty - I love anything made from corn, and the dressing was tangy and mild. The caponata topping was delicious; it contains eggplant, pistachios, olives, capers, and raisins. The bottled tea was expensive, but had a unique, minty flavor. If it also improves my vitality, clarity, and well-being as the label says, then it was worth it. I would like to try some of their other menu items next time I go.


Describe your impressions of the service. Was anything exceptionally good (or bad) about the quality of service you received? What do you think of the decor and atmosphere?

Service was good. I ordered at the counter and was given a metal stand with a pretty flower card at the top with a number on it. In a few minutes, a very nice, informative gentleman brought me my meal. I asked him several questions, and was surprised to hear that this location is the only U.S. location. There are also locations in Hong Kong and Vienna!

The decor is very cute. Large red and white paper lanterns move gracefully in the breeze above you, and the atmosphere is cheerful and peaceful.


This restaurant is best for...


Good Food, Quick Bite, Family Friendly

8/10 for a vegetarian, peaceful lunch.










World Peace Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: