1/11/07

Stoney River Legendary Steaks - Review


Stoney River Legendary Steaks
(678) 461-7900
http://www.stoneyriver.com/
10524 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076

Our reviewer visited Stoney River on January 3rd, 2007.

I ordered the tenderloin medallions, asparagus with hollandaise, and lobster tail. The tenderloins were fork tender to cut, melt in your mouth. Even better dredged in the hollandaise that came with the asparagus. The asparagus was not perfectly cooked, a bit tough, so I had to enjoy the tips and not the entire stalk like I usually do.

The lobster tail was delicious, but at $16.99 to add on to any steak, I would prefer the version at Outback which is only a $7.99 add on! Stoney River brings out a basket of poppyseed rolls that were hot and totally melted in your mouth. Spread with some of the honey butter that is served, and I almost filled up before my entrée arrived!

My guest ordered the petite filet, medium rare, with marinated mushrooms and potatoes julian. The filet was cooked perfectly and of good quality, the mushrooms were average, but the potatoes were soooo heavily flavored with rosemary that neither of us enjoyed them.

Our server was attentive without being over the top, he was happy to bring us a sample glass of the wine we were considering to purchase by the bottle. This was my first time dining there and I expected more of an upscale atmosphere, more like Chops or Bones. This felt a bit too "Chain restaurant" for me. It was very crowded, on a Wednesday night after the holidays. I think Stoney River is overpriced. I kept comparing my meal to one I would get at another chain: Outback…the steaks there are just as good and the lobster a much better value.

When I was presented with a gift card to Stoney River, I was hoping for more of an upscale experience. What I got was very good steak, average side dishes, good service, but a loud and crowded dining experience. Not sure I will visit again unless perhaps I am given another gift card ;)

This restaurant is best for (Choose all that apply)
Good food • Quick bite • Family-friendly
• Outdoor • Romantic • Special occasion

Stoney River Legendary Steaks on Urbanspoon

No comments: